Sunday, October 18, 2015


Online dating is beyond insane. Here's why:

The internet itself is a beautiful way of connecting all of us in a way that we never could connect before.  But, the downside is, it also connects all the nut jobs to the other nut jobs, strengthening their conviction that because there ARE other nut jobs, maybe they themselves aren't quite so nut jobby.

Also.

No matter how much you chat with someone or even talk on the phone, *nothing* prepares you for meeting in person.  It's still basically a total stranger.

AND.

I've had something like 6 dates in the last two months.  SIX!  Before the internet, you would be lucky if you MET one person in a three month period.  The connectivity now is beyond insane.  But I also have to guess that because you rarely met people back then, when you did, you at least *tried* to make it work out..  Now?  There's such a plethora of people to meet, you can disregard someone just because you don't like their username.

I know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.